We welcome applications from around the world and we try to make the process of applying as smooth as possible. Whether you are a first-year/direct-entry undergraduate student or applying for any of our postgraduate degrees, this page provides you with up-to-date information on the application processes and entry requirements for the various programs offered at AUST.
NOTE: The admissions process for the 2023/2024 Academic Session is currently open for applications.
Applications for all our first-year undergraduate degrees must be made online through the JAMB E-facility Portal. Walk-in applicants who did not select AUST as their school of first choice will also need to visit the JAMB Portal to make the necessary changes to their choice of school on their page. For Direct Entry students applying for our 200 Level programs should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Admissions Office (MH 113, Mandela Hall).
The minimum cutoff JAMB score for the University for the 2023/2024 Session is 140.
Applicants with a minimum score of 140 who had previously selected AUST as their first choice will automatically be given admission, after meeting the entry requirements for the program being applied for. Walk-in applicants who did not select AUST as their school of first choice, and have met the entry requirements for their program, should take the following steps:
- Visit the JAMB E-facility Portal at https://jamb.gov.ng/efacility and log in with your email address and password.
- Click on the ‘Application for Correction of Data (2023)’ from the list of services on the left panel.
- From the drop-down menu, select the ‘Course/Institution’ option and make the necessary changes to AUST.
Specific details of entry requirements for each of the programs can be found here.
All postgraduate applications are made directly to the African University of Science and Technology. Your applications will be checked by the admissions team and will then be sent to the relevant Department for review and approval. We aim to respond to your application within two weeks.
Click here to begin your application process for any of the postgraduate programs.
Note that you will need to pay a non-refundable application form fee of N10,000 during this process.
Postgraduate Entry Requirements
Specific entry requirements for our various postgraduate programs are:
- Postgraduate Diploma: a minimum of Second Class Lower in their undergraduate program.
- Taught Masters: a minimum of Second Class Upper in their undergraduate program.
- Master of Science (MSc): a minimum of Second Class Upper in their undergraduate program. Shortlisted applicants will also be required to sit for an online common entrance examination.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.): a minimum of Second Class Upper in their undergraduate program and also a minimum of a 3.50 CGPA (out of a possible 4.00), or its equivalent, at the masters level.
Complete Application Form
Click /admissions/application-form to complete your application